Hi everyone. Now that it’s December and Christmas is getting closer, I am sure there are a few of you thinking of what to get your friends and family, and with it being such an expensive time of year, maybe you would like to consider a few DIY gifts?
This video of mine shows how to make a coffee scrub just like the ones you see in the department stores and on Instagram – and for a quarter of the price.
- 1 cup of coffee grounds (not instant coffee)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- a few drops of your favourite essential oil
Combine all the ingredients in a watertight jar (that way you can keep it in the shower) and mix well!
This is my favourite scrub and way better than any I can purchase in stores. I personally like a deep exfoliation and this does exactly that. The coffee grounds help tone up your skin and apparently assist in cellulite removal (or at least the appearance of it) due to the circulation it gives. The coconut oil is super moisturising too.
Also, the best thing about this is that the whole thing is completely natural! It feels good knowing what I am putting on my body.
- Make sure you rinse your shower well after using the scrub or it will stain!! It can get a little messy!
- I recommend lightly washing your body off with body wash after using the scrub as to avoid smelling like coffee (unless you like that, then feel free to skip this step)